Friday 25 April 2014

Fiction Fortnight - The Statistical Probability...

Book Review GrazingPages Statistical Probability of love at first sight Jennifer E Smith Book Review GrazingPages Statistical Probability of love at first sight Jennifer E Smith
... of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith

I read this book quite a while ago but upon perusing my shelves I spotted it, which reminded me just how eager I am to get hold of other books by Jennifer E Smith. If I'm correct there are currently another two books that follow a similar theme to this one, not to mention the other books written by her. But we're here to find out my thoughts about The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight tells the story of two characters over the course of 24 hours, who meet before a flight from America to London.  I've never read a book set over the course of 24 hours and I'll admit that I was a little sceptical. I also haven't read many books within the young adult contemporary fiction genre, but I've got to say that I was impressed. As the book is only 236 pages long it is undoubtably an extremely quick read but the amount of insight into the story and the characters alike was incredible. I really enjoyed getting to know Hadley and Oliver and witness their relationship blossom, and the little adventure that unfolds along the way. The side story in regards to Hadley and her father was just wonderful and very important to Hadley's growth and understanding about love and relationships. 

Overall this book is a really great read which is perfect for summer or anytime when you need a little pick-me-up. Now I don't normally like to compare two completely different books/authors but I've got to say that this book is what I expected Stephanie Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss to be. A light hearted read with wonderful heart warming characters that you'll want to revisit over and over again.

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Twitter Follow on Instagram GrazingPages Youtube Follow on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment